Dale S. is this weeks winner, correctly picking the most games. Congratulations Dale! Come to the Manor and claim your victory cigar!
The Bengals put up 24 first downs, more than expected by all pool participants. Chris J, Scott G and Tim C came the closest, predicting that Burrow would lead the team to 18 first downs, so came closest in the first tie-breaker.
Notable trash talk/jokes/comments for week 8:
- “I’m not always right, but I’m always certain..” – Chris J.
- “Any of you call me Francis, I’ll kill ya.” – Scott G.
- “My boss is going to fire the employee with the worse posture. I have a hunch, it might be me.” – Tim C.
- “Yo mama is so dumb she brought a spoon to the Super Bowl.” – Deb K.
Tie Breaker #2 responses to the question, “What is your favorite Seinfeld character quote?”:
- “You’re just as pretty as any of them. You just need a nose job.” – Rhett.
- “The pool was cold.” – Luke S.
- “No soup for you!” – Chris J. and Dale S.
- “It’s not a lie if you believe it.” – Rafael J.
- “Not that there’s anything wrong with that.” – Brian D. and Tim C.
- “Mulva!” – Scott G.
- “Looking at cleavage is like looking into the sun. You don’t stare at it. It’s too risky. You get a sense of it, then you look away.” – Chad B.
- “It’s gold Jerry, GOLD!” – Kevin H.
- “GGGGGGGGGGIIiidy up” – Jacob E.
- “Wrestle your father” – Deb K.
The correct answer, because it is my (Paul’s) favorite, is, “We are the Cubans!”: